Random Post

Apr 21, 2022

Argaenothruzil 5e

I've been thinking a lot about different D&D settings lately and what makes them unique. Dark Sun is a post-apocalyptic setting where magic is destructive and halflings have become cannibalistic; Theros is based on Greek mythology where destiny determines your path, the gods are close to mortals and directly affect the world, and heroes adventure for glory itself; Spelljammer is basically D&D in space; Planescape jumps all over the planes of existence; Ravenloft is Gothic horror; Rokugan is Asian wuxia; I'm not really sure what Eberron is, something about noir and robots?

Anyway, with the release of Chris Metzen's Auroboros: Coils of the Serpent campaign that's literally just his own homebrew setting he made as a teenager in published form, I've thought about my own first setting I roleplayed in before I even knew about D&D: Argaenothruzil.

Sadly, there's not much interesting about Argaenothruzil's races. The cosmology and theology of the world is interesting, as well as the two halves of the world and their separation, but I'm considering taking a second stab at good ol' Argae and seeing if I can use my worldbuilding skills I've developed since I created the setting 15 or so years ago. I still cringe a little when reading Alfred Shortstaff and the Cavern of Time and its simplistic descriptions of places and especially towns. Maybe now's a time to breathe a little life into it. I feel like I owe it to the setting somehow.

Anyway, we'll see how far I get, but I may as well adapt what I can to 5e. Feel free to use whatever you wish in your campaign. After all, lots of people are adventuring in a shadow version of Argae right now!

Contents

Creatures of Argaenothruzil 5e
Places of Argaenothruzil 5e

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and suggestions. Please comment with your thoughts!