Random Post

May 22, 2024

Elfsong of Elturel (from Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus)

I recently discovered Suno, an AI that makes music. And it does it surprisingly well! I can't believe we live in a time when you can type some lyrics into an app, choose a style, and then seconds later have a catchy song that no one has ever heard before playing!

I'm currently working on an actual album of my past poetry and other text put to music, which will be out soon. Until then, playing Baldur's Gate 3 gave me the idea to use Suno to make a D&D resource. This is a song that plays in a tavern in the module Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus.


The song is sung in Elvish, so I took the time to make another video translated into Sindarin to simulate what non-Elvish speaking player characters might hear. The translation itself was made word by word, so its grammar is probably terrible, and I changed a few words so that they would rhyme. But I think it does its job of sounding mystical well enough. The hard part was making Suno sing the same tune to different words, but I finally got it to work.


Enjoy! And if you're running Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus, you should also check out my infernal war machine tokens I made to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and suggestions. Please comment with your thoughts!