Random Post

Oct 9, 2020

D&D: Better Infernal War Machine Tokens for Roll20

 I'm running the Descent into Avernus campaign for some of my friends right now, and tomorrow they're going to find out what infernal war machines are for the first time. The module on Roll20 comes with some default tokens for the war machines, but quite frankly, they're lazy trash. They just cut out the sketches from the book and put them on blank red backgrounds, and they just look bad.

I decided I don't want to go with these for the whole campaign, so I made my own versions of each vehicle using Dungeondraft. I even included identifiable station markers (the platform with the circle inside a square) so that the players can place their tokens there when manning them. These are PNG images that can easily be imported into Roll20 and fit perfectly to the grid, so feel free to download them and use them in your own campaign, Descent to Avernus or any other with a Mad Max: Fury Road chase in it!

Devil's Ride

Tormentor

Demon Grinder


Scavenger

I was an idiot and forgot to save the Dungeondraft files for the Tormentor, but once I get that settled I should be able to make it possible to switch out weapon stations with new ones when the players want to.

UPDATE: And here are some extra models for the other warlords! Consider it a free expansion.

8 comments:

  1. I randomly stumbled upon your blog while looking for tokens for the "RAGGADRAGGA ATTACKS!" encounter and wanted to leave a comment saying that these are perfect! Thanks for making these available, stoked to run them in my campaign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for stopping by! Glad you stumbled on it. These have served me really well in the campaign so far, so I hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  2. Thanks! I find most of the tokens for the pre-published stuff to be lazy at best. I was considering making my own, but these are quite awesome! thank you thank you thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I was able to use these in a custom stamp in Inkarnate for Wandering Emporium!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya! I just came across these looking for better War Machine tokens for the Avernus campaign I'm running. These are gorgeous and will add a nice touch for my players. You mention having the DD files to be able to change out weapon stations? Any chance of getting those, or the individual assets you used? My folks are leaning into modding their rides, and I'd love to be able to do that.

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and suggestions. Please comment with your thoughts!