Random Post

Mar 25, 2020

Lipsyncing Animation Practice

I've been stuck inside for the COVID-19 quarantine, so I thought I'd entertain myself by drawing the eight frames needed to lipsync any vocal sounds and rearrange them to fit songs, quotes, and just recently, a press conference at Blizzcon 2018. I've been getting a bit better every time, and it's been fun to learn some new things about phonetics and phonology in the process. It's amazing how even something like the rhythm of blinking has to be determined when animating vocals... I don't know how the big studios do it so thoroughly. Here are my projects so far:





I wonder if I'll ever come up with a name for the little disembodied head who does all the vocalizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and suggestions. Please comment with your thoughts!