Random Post

Jan 9, 2020

Six-Word Memoirs

Why is it I have to wait at least five years to write about my creative works on Pretzel Lectern? It's like this blog just oozes nostalgia and has some kind of requirement for the creative works to age a little to make sure they're good enough quality. Anyhow, here are some "six-word memoirs" I wrote when I learned about them five years ago. Most of them reflect the somewhat sad state of my life back then, which is comforting now that I'm happy, prosperous, and optimistic. A salary job, Wellbutrin, and D&D have definitely helped.


Making games, drawing comics, pointy ears

I give, but no one takes.

I just wanted to see castles.

Always second best, except to myself.

My childhood is an archaeology exhibit.

Calvin and Hobbes, my greatest heroes.

Lying in a hammock, reading fantasy.

I drew a picture of everything.

A perfect family, but flaky friendships.

Forging a path without a lantern

Never enough gourmet food to eat.


If I were to make some six-word memoirs for myself today, I think they'd be something like:


D and D twice a week.

Life is good when there's food.

Too much free time is possible.

Ask me about my Google Docs.

When can I go see Stonehenge?

I've got a holiday in my head.

Nostalgia fades when the present rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and suggestions. Please comment with your thoughts!