Random Post

Apr 9, 2019

Poem: Time Never Ceases

I already published this poem on this blog under a different name, but I realized I had an updated version I revised in my creative writing class that made it more... poetic, I guess. It was kind of dumb in the original version for just being about food. This one adds some emotion into it by moving up the ladder of abstraction every once in a while and eliminating clichés.

Time Never Ceases

Drinks get warm
Food gets cold
Crackers get stale
Friends get annoying
Bread gets hard
Cereal gets soggy
Soda gets flat
Clothes tighten
Fruit spoils
Vegetables wilt
Ice cream melts
Children grow up
Gravy lumps
Cheese molds
Eyesight blurs
Milk sours
Hair grays
Meat rots 
Pets die
Time never ceases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and suggestions. Please comment with your thoughts!