Random Post

Jan 17, 2013

Recipe #3: Deconstructed Salad

I'm not a huge salad kind of guy. If I have the choice at a restaurant, I'll usually go for the soup, since I am a huge soup kind of guy. But I do like salad and vegetables. Sometimes I even crave them. But this recipe I invented is the most craveable of all. The Cruncher Salad combines the crunchiness of a vegetable dip tray with the personality of a side salad. Why chop all of them up when you can make a salad inside your own mouth?

Deconstructed Salad
"No assembly required!"


 Ingredients
  • Lettuce
  • 1 handful baby carrots
  • 1-2 stalks celery, trimmed
  • Half a cucumber
  • Ranch dressing
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 facet bell pepper, or 2 or 3 mini peppers (optional)
  • A few black olives (optional)
Directions
  1. Cut a wedge out of the head of lettuce and place on your plate.
  2. Put a handful of baby carrots around and over the lettuce.
  3. Toss the celery stalk, cucumber and green pepper on there too. 
  4. Drizzle with ranch dressing.
  5. Grind pepper onto the salad.
  6. Method of eating: Take a bite of the lettuce, then eat a baby carrot, a bite of celery, cucumber and green pepper. Enjoy the satisfying crunch of vegetables that haven't been cut up! It's a salad being made and eaten at the same time in your mouth!
YIELD: 1 salad.

Washes down well with...  Any actual entrée, such as steak, a burger, chicken, etc. Oh, and probably water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and suggestions. Please comment with your thoughts!