Random Post

Dec 10, 2012

AustinCraft Spotlight: Paintings

In Minecraft there are paintings you can use as decoration, and the file that generates the random paintings is editable! I've been having fun personalizing almost every aspect of my texture pack, and this is no exception. I decided to use the paintings as a way to celebrate many of my interests, whether in projects, video games, memories, etc.
Here is a sample of some of the paintings. Shown from left to right going down columns, there's a painting of Brai from the Never Ending Comic, a Brazilian Flag, A painting from Heroes of Might and Magic III, a panel from the Wormie Graphic Novel, the Fate icon from Argaenothruzil, a picture of a sandwich (I like food), a screenshot from Runescape, the Super Smash Brothers logo, the Triforce, Toph from Avatar: The Last Airbender, and a portrait of me (I had to have at least one of those). The large painting to the right is a photo of a park in my hometown of Rexburg.

Besides the ones shown, I also have paintings that reference Terraria, Commander Keen, World of WarCraft, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, and several others including Homestarrunner.com and even Pretzel Lectern! (the glowy teal plasma thingy in the background)

In short, it's been a lot of fun to make this project as enjoyable as possible for me personally. I'm sure it'll be fun for anyone who knows me or shares my interests as well. And if not, then at least the paintings are a relatively small part of the game. And they still look nice, at any rate. I tried to balance the colors and whatnot.

Anyway, AustinCraft'll be up for download soon! There are only a few things left I need to do, including having some actual people test it out and get some feedback. Until then, later days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and suggestions. Please comment with your thoughts!