Random Post

Dec 1, 2012

AustinCraft Spotlight: Armor

The classic, pixely look of Minecraft was always charming to me, but the armor always got on my nerves. I often forgot while playing that I was a block in the midst of so many other blocks, but wearing the game's blocky, square armor made it very obvious and kind of ruined that aspect for me. This is one of the latter things I've been working on on AustinCraft (It's almost finished, as far as it can be for this version of Minecraft), and here is a sample of what the armor of AustinCraft may look like.


As you can see, there are a couple of things I still may need to modify. For example, the brown parts of the dyed leather armor may not look good with all colors, so I can do some tests to see if I can at least make it look good for the majority of them. Also, looking at it modeled on my avatar, I don't much like the 'nosepiece' on the iron and diamond helmets as much as I thought I would.
But for the most part, I think this gives the armor a much better place in the Minecraft world. Gold armor, which is mostly used to be enchanted and not as much for protection, is mainly for looks—jewels, flashy red trim, and the helmet is a jewelled crown! On the other hand, the diamond armor's shoulders, helm and boots cover more. I also liked my chainmail sleeves and collars for the main armor sets as well.

So there are a couple of things I need to fix, but for the most part this project is going by extremely smoothly. I'll definitely have it up for download soon. Well, later days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and suggestions. Please comment with your thoughts!