Featured Post

Warcraft Resources for D&D 5e

Man, this is one of those projects I just look at and think "Did I really do all of this?" I've definitely got lost in this do...

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Graphic Novel Sample Art

Hey! I'm really excited about this new art style I'm practicing. I remember always shunning pencil sketching as a kid because I felt like I knew how to doodle well enough freestyle on my own. I think I missed the point though. This way I can plan where lines would normally overlap; for example, if there's a straight spear that someone's holding, I can draw the hand and the spear and the spear will always remain straight. Before, I ran the risk of having it jut out at a weird angle because I drew it after the hand.
I also really enjoy coloring pictures on Photoshop. It's been a lot of fun to be able to experiment with colors, shading and lighting so far. I'm sure my graphic novel will need a lot of all three, though due to time constraints I may just draw out the entire story and then color it.
Anyhow, here are a couple of art samples from my graphic novel concept, starring the main villain Bancotha and another character yet unnamed. Feedback is appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and suggestions. Please comment with your thoughts!