Random Post

Oct 28, 2014

Sculpture?

I don't know why, but until this year I've never tried to actually "sculpt" a pumpkin before. Unlike most art projects, I never really took pride in carving a pumpkin. I would just cut a scary face or an outline of Trogdor the Burninator in it and call it good for the year. But I've been missing out!


This year I tried actually making a pumpkin sculpture, varying thickness to make different brightness levels in the pumpkin when it's lit. It was surprisingly soft to carve, even though all I had was a cook's knife, a teaspoon, and a cutting saw from a pumpkin carving kit. Next year I'll hopefully have access to better tools so I can more easily transmit my imagination to the "canvas," as it were.

Not my best work, but it is my first work! I'm looking forward to a new tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and suggestions. Please comment with your thoughts!